SECTION 1 – NAME
The Name of this Corporation shall be the
GREEN MOUNTAIN RC CLUB, Inc.
SECTION 2- LOCATION
The Principle office of this corporation shall be at Essex Junction, in the county of Chittenden and the State of Vermont.
SECTION 1 – PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Purpose and Objectives of this Corporation shall be to promote radio control of models in the State of Vermont and to aid insofar as may be possible, the continual advancement of radio controlled models in the United States. All special or local enterprises of this organization shall conform to the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) and to regulations of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), as applicable.
SECTION 1 – AFFILIATION
This Corporation Shall be affiliated with the (AMA), as a chapter, and all flying members shall become members of said AMA by the payment of dues and the furnishing of information to the AMA as may be necessary and required.
SECTION 1 – MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
A person residing in the Vermont area, provided they meet requirements set forth in these BY-LAWS, may make application for membership. Vermont area is defined as the State of Vermont and adjoining area.
SECTION 2 – MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
An Applicant for membership in this corporation shall:
- All members of a flying member classification shall hold a valid AMA license for the class of aircraft(s) they intend to fly (Changed Nov. 2010)
- If any member ceases to have the qualifications necessary for membership in the AMA, his/her flying privileges in the Club shall thereby terminate, subject to reinstatement upon restoration of eligibility.
- Any unacceptable behavior by an individual member or members becomes the responsibility of the Board of Directors. Any individual may be expelled from membership from the Club or flying privileges may be suspended by a majority vote of the Board of Directors if, in the Board of Directors determination, violation of any of the Rules of the AMA or actions which is detrimental to the Club, the AMA, or to model aviation has occurred
- Any member who is expelled from membership or has had flying privileges suspended may be reinstated only by a majority vote of the Board of Directors
SECTION 3 – MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATION
- Regular Member: A Regular member shall be (18) years of age or older. Regular members shall be entitled to participate in all corporation activities, subject to such rules and regulations provided in said regulation BY-LAWS.
- Associate member: An Associate member is one who wishes to participate in all corporation activities, but is to remain in a non-flying status as long as this membership is held. Membership status may be upgraded to a regular membership, upon notification to the secretary / treasurer, and the payment of the remainder of dues to be an regular member.
- Junior Member: A Junior member shall be under the age of (18) years of age at the time of application for membership. Junior members must be sponsored by their parents or legal guardians who will sign for them and agree to bear the burden of legal, and other responsibilities to said corporation. Junior members are in-eligible to vote or hold office. Junior members will be elevated to Regular member status on their (18) birthday. Dues will remain unchanged until the following calendar year.
- Charter Members: Charter Membership will be given to those pers3Anormal;”>Special meeting of the Board of Directors may be called by the President at any time and shall be called by the President or the Secretary/Treasurer upon request of any Directors.
SECTION 5 – MEETING NOTICES
Failure of the Secretary/Treasurer to notify members in advance shall not nullify any election procedures conducted at any meeting where a quorum is in attendance.
SECTION 6- QUORUM
The presence in person or by written proxy of a majority of the active members of the corporation is necessary to constitute a quorum at each annual meeting, monthly meeting or special meeting. A lesser number shall adjourn to some future time no less than seven (7) days later. The Secretary/Treasurer shall give notice of the adjourned meeting at least three (3) days before to each active member absent from the meeting.
SECTION 7 – VOTING
Each active member in good standing is entitled to one (1) vote. Each active member in good standing may designate any other active member as proxy provided written authorization is filed with the Secretary/Treasurer. Such authorization shall be dated and shall be valid for one (1) meeting only. An active member may accumulate and vote no more than two (2) proxies at any one meeting.
ARTICLE VIII – FINANCES
The fiscal year shall be from January I to December 31.
Annually, between the end of the fiscal year and the annual meeting, the books and accounts may be audited by a special auditing committee of two (2) appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Directors. The Board of Directors, by a majority vote, may cause an independent audit to be made by an outside auditing firm at any time when in their judgment it is deemed advisable.
The net saving or surplus remaining after all operating costs and other expenses have been paid shall remain in the corporation’s treasury for the purchase of new equipment and for contingencies.
ARTICLE IX – PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
The rules contained in the current “Roberts Rules of Order shall govern the organization in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not in consistent with these BY-LAWS or special rules of order for the corporation.
ARTICLE X – AMENDMENTS
Amendments of the BYLAWS may be make by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the active members of said corporation in good standing. Amendments may be acted upon at any meeting of the members or by mail ballot, providing the substance of the proposed amendment shall have been stated in the notice of the meeting and that each member shall have had at least one (1) week’s notice in advance of such proposed amendment.
ARTICLE XI – DISSOLUTION
The corporation may be dissolved by affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the active members.
Any member wishing to make a non-monetary donation to this Corporation shall be required to get the consent of any Officer or a majority vote at any official meeting (see Article VII) before making the donation. The Corporation has limited storage for such donations (Example Items: Planes, Mowers, Grills, Field Boxes, etc.). Donations are greatly appreciated by the Corporation, however, due to the disposal costs, and storage space of such items, the Corporation must grant approval before a donation can be accepted.